Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sort data whn represeted by formulas

Hey everyone...

I have a simple football tracking spreadsheet that keeps track of 3
players and their winning percentage. It is basically the number of
wins, number of losses, and games back.

Player Wins Losses Games Back
A 33 27 0
B 31 29 2
C 29 31 4

My problem is, the numbers for wins and losses are cell references to
another part of the spreadsheet. Basically, '33' is really =F18, and
'27' is =F19, and so on. The formula I am using to calculate games
back is as follows:

=(((D26+E26)-($D$26+$E$26))*0.5)+($D$26-D26)

However, this formula is dependent on the data to be sorted by always
having the highest number of wins player listed first, hence my sorting
issue. Whenever I sort the data in the grid above, using the row
containing wins as the control, it flips out and does some strange
things... Changing numbers and references.

Any ideas on how to solve this (simple I am sure) problem would be
great. Thanks as always ahead of time!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure I totally understand what you're getting at but it seems to me
that your problem comes from the way you're refrenceing the cells in your
formula. Try removing the $'s from the formula. When a formula is moved
(either copied or sorted) the part of a cell refrence after a $ stays the way
it was.

Have a look at

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/art...&seqNum=2&rl=1

- Rm