Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Should I remove code lines that turn auto calculation off?

Norman gave me some code that I have used to solve a problem I had
yesterday (Thanks Norman). I have been able to alter the code so that
it better suits my circumstances eg my sheets have no formulas so I
deleted all code referring to cells with formulas.
The code also contains lines that convert calculation mode to manual
then back to initial calc mode at the end. I am guessing that this is
aimed at making the macro run as fast as possible, similar to setting
screenupdating to false.
Since my worksheets have no formulas, can I remove these sections of
code without affecting the speed of my macro?
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ken,

Since my worksheets have no formulas, can I remove these sections of
code without affecting the speed of my macro?

If you do not need to consider calculation issue, delete, or comment, these
lines.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ken Johnson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Norman gave me some code that I have used to solve a problem I had
yesterday (Thanks Norman). I have been able to alter the code so that
it better suits my circumstances eg my sheets have no formulas so I
deleted all code referring to cells with formulas.
The code also contains lines that convert calculation mode to manual
then back to initial calc mode at the end. I am guessing that this is
aimed at making the macro run as fast as possible, similar to setting
screenupdating to false.
Since my worksheets have no formulas, can I remove these sections of
code without affecting the speed of my macro?
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Norman and Tom,
Thanks for your responses. I guessed that would be the case, just
wanted confirmation.
Ken Johnson