Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Format Cells containing formula

Hi Team,

What conditions do we use to format cells with values (numeric) calculated
using formulae from those that have values not derived from formulae?

Thanks for your help/advice.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi JB,

Try something like:

'=============
Sub Tester()
Dim rng As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set rng = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, xlNumbers)
On Error GoTo 0

If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"JB2005" wrote in message
Hi Team,

What conditions do we use to format cells with values (numeric) calculated
using formulae from those that have values not derived from formulae?

Thanks for your help/advice.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi aliased "JB2005" ,
Don't know that I understand the question, but Conditional Formatting
works the same whether the value is derived from a constant or from a
formula. A Conditional Formatting formula returns True or False
(an error is treated as False).

If you have a problem with C.F. you might check that
- the formulas used was based on the active cell address
- the selection of cells when entering formula are the cells that are to be colored
- the use of a mixture of text and numbers might mess up test with ISNUMBER(address)
- the formula also works from on the spreadsheet itself because you are using
Worksheet formulas in your C.F.

More information on Conditional Formatting
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm
---
HTH,

"JB2005" wrote
What conditions do we use to format cells with values (numeric) calculated
using formulae from those that have values not derived from formulae?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cell values in a column are either;

derived from formaula (to represent forecast)
entered as values (to reflect actuals - replace the formula)

I just want to format the cells differently, so its easy to identify
forecast from actual values....

"David McRitchie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi "JB2005",
Along the lines of your other answer but using Conditional Formatting
look for topic " Cells with Formulas: " in