Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Much difference between VBA in XL2002 and XL2003?

I have a copy of Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA by J. Walkenbach. I
know a little VBA but want to learn more. I have Excel 2003. Can I use the
book to get more familiar with things? Were there any major changes between
the two versions that I need to be aware of? Thanx in advance.

Suzan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can look in the excel 2003 helpfile, there a section called "what's new
in excel 2003".

For what it's worth, I don't think there is much that a
beginner/intermediate level developer would notice: for details see the help
file or

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/tec...w/default.aspx

or

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...HV01134775.asp

The main change is much more XML support.

Good luck!

--
www.alignment-systems.com

"Suzan" wrote:

I have a copy of Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA by J. Walkenbach. I
know a little VBA but want to learn more. I have Excel 2003. Can I use the
book to get more familiar with things? Were there any major changes between
the two versions that I need to be aware of? Thanx in advance.

Suzan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're in the best of hands.
I learned VBA from John's books also. He's the very BEST at explaining 'How
to'. There are virtually no differences you'll need to concern yourself with
between 2002 and 2003.
Good Luck!
Sincerely,
Gary Brown