Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transfer Data from Excel 2000 to the Access data base

How to have a macro in which I could register The path of the wanted data
base and the parameters I need to configur the transfer operation to MS
Acces

I tried to record the macro, I use Data/convert to MS Acces then the wizard
ask
me to convert to a new data base or an existing one . If i chose to an
existing one I have to write the path of the Acces data base to wich I want
to put Excel datas. Doing this, Excel opens Access Application and next
steps are kept in charge, I suppose, by the Access application Wizard
because it asks me to :

1- indicate if first line contain titles of columns (then press next)
2- indicate where to put data in a new table or an existing one (then press
next)
3--
4-- then to let acces add à primary key
5- indicate the table name to where i want data to be stocked
and then Terminate the importation

The macro I would like to build should replace by code actions 1 to 5 the
wishard needs to transfer Datas from Excel 2000 to the Access data base
selected (path).

Thanks

A. Lavoie, Québec, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For a better (more controlled) way to send your data to Access, search this
newsgroup for the following:
"Use ADO to add or update date in Access"
Read the message thread for a response to a similar issue
--
- K Dales

"André Lavoie" wrote:

How to have a macro in which I could register The path of the wanted data
base and the parameters I need to configur the transfer operation to MS
Acces

I tried to record the macro, I use Data/convert to MS Acces then the wizard
ask
me to convert to a new data base or an existing one . If i chose to an
existing one I have to write the path of the Acces data base to wich I want
to put Excel datas. Doing this, Excel opens Access Application and next
steps are kept in charge, I suppose, by the Access application Wizard
because it asks me to :

1- indicate if first line contain titles of columns (then press next)
2- indicate where to put data in a new table or an existing one (then press
next)
3--
4-- then to let acces add Ã* primary key