Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update Values as soon as a Worksheet becomes active?

I noticed that when I start the Worksheet, the following action is at the top
of my module and does not execute until I click on something on the
Worksheet. In my Worksheet Module I have one SUB().

If Not ActiveSheet.Previous Is Nothing Then
Range("A1").Value = ActiveSheet.Previous.Range("A1").Value
End If
€¦more code...

I suspect that by the name of the Sub evens are monitored only when an event
is activated.

Now, how do I code a sub() to execute as soon as the Worksheet becomes
active? And where do I put it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That didn't work.
I tried adding it to the top of the Module...
I then tried adding
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate(ByVal Target As Range)

That didn't work either.
And where do I put it?

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
'------------------------------------------------------------------------
' [ C2 ] Pull Previous Race Account Balance if available
' *Note This is being populates at startup
'------------------------------------------------------------------------
If Not ActiveSheet.Previous Is Nothing Then
Range("C2").Value = ActiveSheet.Previous.Range("C4").Value

'------- Main File Names used for this WorkBOOK ---------------
'--*** Use Program Input Worksheet as a Master for changes ***
'--------------------------------------------------------------
Dim srcProgramDataInputWs As Worksheet
....more code...

"CRayF" wrote in message
I noticed that when I start the Worksheet, the following action is at the
top
of my module and does not execute until I click on something on the
Worksheet. In my Worksheet Module I have one SUB().

If Not ActiveSheet.Previous Is Nothing Then
Range("A1").Value = ActiveSheet.Previous.Range("A1").Value
End If
.more code...

I suspect that by the name of the Sub evens are monitored only when an
event
is activated.

Now, how do I code a sub() to execute as soon as the Worksheet becomes
active? And where do I put it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi CRayF,

That didn't work

I pasted the following into Sheet2's code module in a new workbook

'===============
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

If Not ActiveSheet.Previous Is Nothing Then
Me.Range("C2").Value = Me.Previous.Range("C4").Value

..<<===============

I then made an entry in cell C2 on Sheet1 (say "EUREKA").

Returning to Sheet2, cell C4 recorded "EUREKA"

So, for me at least, it did work.

---
Regards,
Norman

"CRayF" wrote in message
I noticed that when I start the Worksheet, the following action is at
the
top
of my module and does not execute until I click on something on the
Worksheet. In my Worksheet Module I have one SUB().

If Not ActiveSheet.Previous Is Nothing Then
Range("A1").Value = ActiveSheet.Previous.Range("A1").Value
End If
.more code...

I suspect that by the name of the Sub evens are monitored only when an
event
is activated.

Now, how do I code a sub() to execute as soon as the Worksheet becomes
active? And where do I put it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi CRayF,

I then made an entry in cell C2 on Sheet1 (say "EUREKA").

Returning to Sheet2, cell C4 recorded "EUREKA

Should have read:

I then made an entry in cell C4 on Sheet1 (say "EUREKA").

Returning to Sheet2, cell C2 recorded "EUREKA

(I inadvertently inverted the C2, C4 cell references!)

---
Regards,
Norman

.<<===============

"CRayF" wrote in message
I noticed that when I start the Worksheet, the following action is at
the
top
of my module and does not execute until I click on something on the
Worksheet. In my Worksheet Module I have one SUB().

If Not ActiveSheet.Previous Is Nothing Then
Range("A1").Value = ActiveSheet.Previous.Range("A1").Value
End If
.more code...

I suspect that by the name of the Sub evens are monitored only when an
event
is activated.

Now, how do I code a sub() to execute as soon as the Worksheet becomes
active? And where do I put it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's what's happing. I click on a a cell that creates a new target
Worksheet built from a template. When the new target is build, this new
Worksheet becomes Active. I am hoping to have the value update immediately.
What is happing is that if I click off that Worksheet and return, it works
fine. But it is not being populated once I am initially placed there my the
earlier SUB().

Hi CRayF,