Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accept Cell Edit

Hi,

I not too farmilar with Excel VBA so sorry if this is a bit basic but I
cannot find a resolution anywhere on the net.

Basically, All I want to do is make sure that any data entered into the
active cell is accepted/confirmed and if not accept/confirm it.

Cheers in advance.

Ollie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you explain just what you mean by "accepted/confirmed"?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Oliver Flint" wrote in message

I not too farmilar with Excel VBA so sorry if this is a bit
basic but I cannot find a resolution anywhere on the net.

Basically, All I want to do is make sure that any data entered
into the active cell is accepted/confirmed and if not
accept/confirm it.

Cheers in advance.

Ollie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Oliver,

In VBA, there is no requirement for an equivalent to to use of the Enter key
in Excel to confirm an entry: a simple assignment suffices, e.g:

Range("A1").Value = 100

---
Regards,
Norman

"Oliver Flint" wrote in message

I not too farmilar with Excel VBA so sorry if this is a bit basic but I
cannot find a resolution anywhere on the net.

Basically, All I want to do is make sure that any data entered into the
active cell is accepted/confirmed and if not accept/confirm it.

Cheers in advance.

Ollie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Oliver,

I think that you will need to explain your requirements in more detail to
render them intelligible.

However a macro cannot run while Excel is in edit mode and Excel does not
leave edit mode until an entry has been confirmed or cancelled

---
Regards,
Norman

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ah, So you can't run macros while excel is in edit mode. Is there any way to
detect if excel is in edit mode?

More detail...
My excel addin creates a toolbar button that when pressed saves a copy of
the file and imports it into our document mangement system.
The problem I have is a get a run time error if excel is in edit mode (this
has now been cleared up). So, I now need to detect when excel goes into edit
mode a disable the button.

Cheers for all you help

Ollie