Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JK JK is offline

Default Target.Address Doesn't Work in Excel 97?

I want worksheet_change to fire a macro only when a specific cell is
changed. In XP, Target.Address="$A$1" works to identify the cell being
changed. But in Excel 97 it doesn't. Does anyone know what will work in
Excel 97 and Excel XP? Thank you in advance.

Jim Kobzeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It has been working for me since 1997.

Perhaps the Change event isn't being fired. Are you updating the cell
using a Data Validation dropdown - if so, then if the source data is from a
worksheet range, there is your Huckleberry.

That situation didn't trigger a change event in xl97.

Tom Ogilvy

"JK" wrote in message news:p%_Ze.4311$211.4252@trnddc08...
I want worksheet_change to fire a macro only when a specific cell is
changed. In XP, Target.Address="$A$1" works to identify the cell being
changed. But in Excel 97 it doesn't. Does anyone know what will work in
Excel 97 and Excel XP? Thank you in advance.

Jim Kobzeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JK JK is offline

Thank you, Tom. Yes, I am trying to update thru Data Validation. I have
since learned that 97 doesn't do, and the subject cell must be linked to
another cell and the macro must be fired with worksheet_calculate. However,
I have another Validate Data cell on the same WS that must fire another
macro. Is it possible to write it so the second macro doesn't fire the first
macro and vice versa? Thank you in advance.

Jim Kobzeff