Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programming with symbols

Hi folks, I have a very easy doubt and I would like your advice. I pla
to do something like this using MS Excel :

if the cell “A1” is equal to or greater than the number “12”, then th
cell “C1” is equal to the cell “D1”

but “D1” is a cell that contains a symbol or a drawing character. Fo
example : the letter “e” in format TIMES NEW ROMAN is the same a
“epsilon” (greek letter) in format SYMBOL

Could anyone help? If it is necessary to use Visual Basic, where shoul
I click and what steps should I make? Thanks a lot

--
malec
maleck's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2747

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in c1 put: =if(a1=12,d1,"")

then format the column c to be the font that you want the symbols to b
in

--
tkapla
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2298

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, first you've got to create a CommandButton to execute the VBA-Code.
Unfortunately I only know the german version of MS Excel so you'll hav
to search for it on your own. It's probably a window called "tools".
After adding the Commandbutton open the VBA Editor, pressing ALT+F11
Now paste the following code

Code
-------------------
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
If Cells(1, 1) = 12 Then
Cells(1, 3) = Cells(1, 4) 'transferring content

With Cells(1, 3).Font 'and format
.Name = Cells(1, 4).Font.Name
.Size = Cells(1, 4).Font.Size
.Strikethrough = Cells(1, 4).Font.Strikethrough
.Superscript = Cells(1, 4).Font.Superscript
.Subscript = Cells(1, 4).Font.Subscript
.OutlineFont = Cells(1, 4).Font.OutlineFont
.Shadow = Cells(1, 4).Font.Shadow
.Underline = Cells(1, 4).Font.Underline
.ColorIndex = Cells(1, 4).Font.ColorIndex
End With

-------------------

this code checks if Cell A1 has a value = 12
in case it's true, it transfers the value of cell D1 to C1 and al
values according to the font property such as font-family and size an
color a.s.o.
if A1 is <12 or empty it does nothing

Good luck searching the tools-window ;)

Simo

--
moondar
moondark's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2739

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Great posts Moondark (Simon) and Tkaplan !

The kind of answers that trully help ! Thanks a lot for your time
Different ways of dealing with the problem. Just great.

Cheers,
Malec