Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Securyty, ¿eh?

Suppose I have an appliation made in VB6 which connects to SQL2000.
The applications creates a DSN(old style) to connecto to the server.
The user has a login an a password to use the application. The server
validades Windows NT login.

Every effort had been made to protect the database from intruders.
So far so good...

Next day, comes Clarck Kent and connects to the server simply by using the DSN
and Excel 2000!!! He can browse, update and delete files!!!

How can I avoid such intruder.

Thank you... waitng for replies...

--
Rick

--
Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Clark Kent is Superman... There's really no way to stop Superman... he he

I think you need to set security at the SQL server level. I understand that
you probably implemented adequate security via access, BUT if you really want
to keep the data safe, need to do it at the DB level..