Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Identifying Text

Does anyone have any suggestions for identifying text in a cell.

For example, I have a spreadsheet with approximately 50 to 100 rows:

Column A: $640
Column B: "Blank"
Column C: Transferred on September 1, 2005.

I would like to identify any cell in column C with the word "transfer"
or "transferred" within the cell and put a "T" in the same row of
column B, if not put a "O" in column B.

Is this posssible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
STEVEB
STEVEB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1872

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good afternoon SteveB

You need to put this formula in your first row that contains data in
column B (in this case B4) and copy it all the way down to the bottom.

=IF(ISERR(SEARCH("transf",C4)),"O","T")

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dominic,

THANK YOU!!! Everything worked great! I really appreciate your help!

--
STEVEB
STEVEB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1872
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469509