Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mass population using a macro or something else?

Here is my dilemma.

I have 20,575 rows on my spreadsheet. I want to be able to create a
function or macro to populate a field based on the doctor's ID number.

There are about 200 doctor's ID numbers.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sounds like you need to use a VLookup function. You can find information
on this function in help.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"mira" wrote:

Here is my dilemma.

I have 20,575 rows on my spreadsheet. I want to be able to create a
function or macro to populate a field based on the doctor's ID number.

There are about 200 doctor's ID numbers.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try creating, say on another worksheet, a Table with say Dr id's in
col 1 and col 2 having the desired results that will end up in the master
db in your target column.
Name your Table something like: Tbl1

Then enter the following in your target col

If the first Dr id is in cell B3 and your target column
is col D, then in D3 enter:
=Vlookup($B3,Tbl1,2,false)

(Note: there is not a "$" in front of the 3)
Copy this down your column 20,000 plus rows, as needed.