Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combination macro

I read the combination macro wrote previously, but I don't know if it will
work for my situation... I have number 1 to 10 from Monday to Sunday. But
each number can become another new set of numbers the next day. Like I have
#1 on Monday, on Tuesday, I can have #2 or #1(a), which got out from #1.
Then, when Wednesday comes, I can pick #3, #2, #2(a), or #1(b). It's
combination within combination situation, can someone help me out on this??

Thanks a million!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This basically comes across as gibberish. Perhaps a thorough description of
the conditions and rules might garner a useable response.
You said you have numbers 1 to 10 and then you start talking about 1(a),
1(b) and 2(a).

You certainly haven't detailed the rules your working under.

Tom Ogilvy

"Crystal" wrote in message
I read the combination macro wrote previously, but I don't know if it will
work for my situation... I have number 1 to 10 from Monday to Sunday. But
each number can become another new set of numbers the next day. Like I

have

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The macro returns literal text, not formulas. If you mean the members of the
population change from one day to the next, then you must change the contents
of the 3rd - 12th cells in the range and run the macro again each day.

If that's what you mean, perhaps you need to use the values 1-10 as the
population, then use Data/Text to Columns to split the individual numbers in
each set into several columns. Then you can, in cells farther to the right,
write formulas to translate, say, 1 into 2 or 1(a), etc.

#1 on Monday, on Tuesday, I can have #2 or #1(a), which got out from #1.
Then, when Wednesday comes, I can pick #3, #2, #2(a), or #1(b). It's
combination within combination situation, can someone help me out on this??
Thanks a million!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your help so far. I aplogize for not stating it clearly.
Monday: #1 and subcatogory from 1(a) to 1(f) to be used on Tuesday to Sunday
Tuesday: 2 and subcatogory 2(a) to 2(e) and 1(a) to 1(f)
Wednesday: 3 and subcatogory 3(a) to 3(d), 2(a) to 2(e), and 1(a) to 1(f)
Thursday: 4 and subcatagory 4(a) to 4(c), 3(a) to 3(d), 2(a) to 2(e), and
1(a) to 1(f)
Friday: 5 and subcatagory 5(a) to 6(b), 4(a) to 4(c), 3(a) to 3(d), 2(a) to
2(e), and 1(a) to 1(f)
Sat: 6 and subcatagory 6(a) to 6(a), 5(a) to 6(b), 4(a) to 4(c), 3(a) to
3(d), 2(a) to 2(e), and 1(a) to 1(f)
Sun:7, 6(a) to 6(a), 5(a) to 6(b), 4(a) to 4(c), 3(a) to 3(d), 2(a) to 2(e),
and 1(a) to 1(f)
Rules:
Subcatagory is not to be used for the same day, and each subcatagory can
only be used once in an (a) to (f) order. For example, 1(a) can't be used for
Monday, but it's an option for Tuesday. To be more specific, if I start with
#1 on Monday, on Tuesday, I can pick #1(a) or #2, on Wednesday, I can pick
#3, #2(a), or #1(b), etc.
Is there a way to create a macro to list out all the possible outcome??
Thanks!