Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I set up a bowling schedule for an eight team league

If you have eight teams bowling, the first week you have Team 1 & 2 on lanes
1 & 2 and so on for the eight teams. The next week they would change. I
want to know how to get the different combonations for thirtysix week
schedule.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Oniram" wrote in message
If you have eight teams bowling, the first week you have Team 1 & 2 on

lanes
1 & 2 and so on for the eight teams. The next week they would change. I
want to know how to get the different combonations for thirtysix week
schedule.

With 8 teams, there are 28 possible pairings, so for 36 weeks, each team
will not be be matched with each other team the same number of times.

You could, say, divide the 8 teams into say 2 groups of 4 teams, for which
there are 6 possible pairings for each group. Spread this out over 3 * N
weeks, where N is the number of times you wish each team to meet within each
group.

Then take, say, the top 1 or 2 teams from each group and put tem in a
playoff group.

I hope the above is kerrect, I did this on the fly.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you search for an 8 team tournament. these are the possibilities. there are
7 possibilities, run through 5 times and have a psoition night.1 v 2 3 v 8
4 v 7 5 v 61 v 5 2 v 4 3 v 6 7 v 81 v 3 2 v 7 4 v 5 6 v 81 v 6
2 v 8 3 v 4 5 v 71 v 8 2 v 5 3 v 7 4 v 61 v 4 2 v 3 5 v 8 6
v 81 v 7 2 v 6 3 v 5 4 v 8
--

Gary