Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default file search in subfolders

Does anyone have a good bit of code to effectively search through a
designated folder and its subfolders? I have used code to search just one
folder, but I can't figure out how to incorporate all subfolders and their
subfolders. I have tried .Lookin, and that is unreliable.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pflugs,
I would advise against the .FileSearch function that comes with Office, as
many people report flaky results in all versions & apps.
Use VB intrinsic functions:
http://vb.mvps.org/samples/project.asp?id=DirDrill

You can add your own checks for FileLen and FileDateTime on each file.

There are other ways of achieving you aim but this will get you started.

NickHK