Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula to rank / lookup from list

Hello,

I am looking for a way to pull data from one spreadsheet to another and
declare the rank,

In a nutshell what I am looking for is this
From the list below of quantity sold,

Apples Bananas Cherries
Able 1 4 7
Baker 10 0 3
Charlie 15 0 1
Delta 0 6 4
Echo 8 7 2

I want to pull a list that the results would be as follows
Top 3 Apples Buyers
Apples Bananas Cherries
Charlie 1 4 5
Baker 2 5 3
Echo 3 1 4

Bottom Three Apples Buyers
Apples Bananas Cherries
Echo 3 1 4
Able 4 3 1
Delta 5 2 2

These above two charts show my top three Apples buyers, and their usage
of the other items I sell and my bottom three Apples buyers and their
ranking for the other categories.

The value of this is I can ask, Why is my top Cherry buyer not buying
Apples and vice versa.

The lists I am looking at are very long (200-400 items) and vary by
person. Also, the lists are updated daily so the numbers of rows isn't
constant. Ideally, I don't want them to have to sort the data to see
the results, I just want to extract the data.

I would like to do this without adding columns before it (such as I
would for a vlookup)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there no reply because it can't be done or due to lack of
interest???
Any help on this is appreciated.

Glen