Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ber Ber is offline

Default Create UserForm programmatically

An Excel worksheet contains a list of names.
When the user selects one of these names, a userform pops up. This Userform
has the same name as the name that is selected in the worksheet.
What I want to achieve is that whenever a name is selected for which there
does not excist a UserForm yet, this form will be created programmatically.
My question is: How can I generate and name a userform in Excel and furnish
it with a textbox..
I have tried Google Groups to no avail.
A search of the Microsoft Knowledge Base came up with the answer, all the
details and sample routines but ..... for Word2000 only - see
http://tinyurl.com/79tn2 .
Your help will be appreciated
Ber

http://tinyurl.com/79tn2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Basically, unless there is a difference in layout for the Userforms for
different names, I would have only one Userform for all of them that sets
the chosen name as the Userform Caption Property in Userform Initialize.

Jon

"Ber" wrote in message
An Excel worksheet contains a list of names.
When the user selects one of these names, a userform pops up. This
Userform has the same name as the name that is selected in the worksheet.
What I want to achieve is that whenever a name is selected for which there
does not excist a UserForm yet, this form will be created
programmatically.
My question is: How can I generate and name a userform in Excel and
furnish it with a textbox..
I have tried Google Groups to no avail.
A search of the Microsoft Knowledge Base came up with the answer, all the
details and sample routines but ..... for Word2000 only - see
http://tinyurl.com/79tn2 .
Your help will be appreciated
Ber

http://tinyurl.com/79tn2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ber Ber is offline

John, thanks for your contribution.
The problem is that my client wants a type of scratch pad for each of his
suppliers.
After scratching his pad the contents have to be saved and this is how the
idea of having a user form for each contact was born.
I am sure there are other, less complicated, solutions to this problem but I
am persisting because I definitely want to know how to create a userform
programatically!!!!
Regards,
Ber

"Ber" wrote in message
An Excel worksheet contains a list of names.
When the user selects one of these names, a userform pops up. This
Userform has the same name as the name that is selected in the
worksheet.
What I want to achieve is that whenever a name is selected for which
there does not excist a UserForm yet, this form will be created
programmatically.
My question is: How can I generate and name a userform in Excel and
furnish it with a textbox..
I have tried Google Groups to no avail.
A search of the Microsoft Knowledge Base came up with the answer, all the
details and sample routines but ..... for Word2000 only - see
http://tinyurl.com/79tn2 .
Your help will be appreciated
Ber

http://tinyurl.com/79tn2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ber,
Borrowing liberally from John Walkenbach's web site...
'------------------
Sub MakeOne()
Dim frmNew As Object
Set frmNew = ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Add(3)
frmNew.Properties("Caption") = " Test Form"
VBA.UserForms.Add(frmNew.Name).Show
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Remove VBComponent:=frmNew
Set frmNew = Nothing
End Sub
'--------------------------
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Ber"
wrote in message

An Excel worksheet contains a list of names.
When the user selects one of these names, a userform pops up. This Userform
has the same name as the name that is selected in the worksheet.
What I want to achieve is that whenever a name is selected for which there
does not excist a UserForm yet, this form will be created programmatically.
My question is: How can I generate and name a userform in Excel and furnish
it with a textbox..
I have tried Google Groups to no avail.
A search of the Microsoft Knowledge Base came up with the answer, all the
details and sample routines but ..... for Word2000 only - see
http://tinyurl.com/79tn2 .
Your help will be appreciated
Ber
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to be persistent, any information from any instance of a userform could
be saved independently. Then the userform could be relaunched with different
initialization values for each customer.
I definitely understand the urge to learn new methods. Especially if you can
visualize the steps needed to get to your goal

Jon

"Ber" wrote in message
An Excel worksheet contains a list of names.
When the user selects one of these names, a userform pops up. This
Userform has the same name as the name that is selected in the
worksheet.
What I want to achieve is that whenever a name is selected for which
there does not excist a UserForm yet, this form will be created
programmatically.
My question is: How can I generate and name a userform in Excel and
furnish it with a textbox..
I have tried Google Groups to no avail.
A search of the Microsoft Knowledge Base came up with the answer, all
the details and sample routines but ..... for Word2000 only - see
http://tinyurl.com/79tn2 .
Your help will be appreciated
Ber

http://tinyurl.com/79tn2