Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel forms button "click"

Greetings! I have a spreadsheet that uses several forms buttons with a macro
assigned to each. When I first created this spreadsheet under an older
version of Excel, clicking the button would produce a visual "in/out"
movement of the button. Now I'm using Excel 2002 (SP3), and the visual
movement doesn't appear unless you click *and hold* the mouse button for
about two seconds. This spreadsheet is used by university students in my lab,
so they would click the button several times, not realising that the macro
had run (it executes a calculation and writes results to another sheet in the
workbook). I solved that problem by adding a "beep" to the macro, but that
means I have to install speakers on the computers (which have a tendency to
grow legs and walk out of the lab) when we perform this experiment. Is there
a time delay setting that adjusts the speed of the button's click motion?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't know any way to change the "click" behavior, but rather than the beep
as a cue you could perhaps use a different visual cue, such as changing the
font on the button to bold while your code runs:
Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes(1).OLEFormat.Object.Font.B old=True ' at the top of
the code
Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes(1).OLEFormat.Object.Font.B old=False ' at the end of
the code
--
- K Dales