Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Allow disabling of password, but no setting of password

I have a sheet that is password protected and the p/word is only known
by selected group of user(s). I reset the password protection in the
"Deactivate" event so that the user does not have to remember to enable
protection each time.

The problem is that the user might decide to enter another p/word and
this could cause further code to crash. Is there a way that I can
disallow the user from setting another p/word?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not reliably.

But worksheet protection is pretty easily broken.

If you give them a macro (a button on the worksheet) that protects the worksheet
with your password, maybe it'll be so easy that the users wouldn't want to use
tools|protection...

--

Dave Peterson