Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
dl dl is offline

Default Excel VBA Library

I have an excel workbook with macros. This works fine on one machine but not
on another as an object library is not present for the basic function LCASE.
Can someone direct me on why as both machines use Excel 9. Any help would be
useful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

dl,
The problem is probably not related to Excel directly, but a missing
reference to another component.
Check the References for one marked "Missing".

VB/VBA will through an error at any line if this is the case.

NickHK

"dl" wrote in message
I have an excel workbook with macros. This works fine on one machine but

not
on another as an object library is not present for the basic function

LCASE.
Can someone direct me on why as both machines use Excel 9. Any help would

be
useful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

This is one of the things that reduces the usability of Excel - I have
applications that get distributed to different users on different machines
and (forgetting version differences) I could do the job a lot easier and
quicker if there was some way to use VBA to automatically reference these
libraries - or embed them (possibly blow out the file size dramaticaly).

Is there any way to do thid or is there a work around?