Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Text quantity in Excel form

Hi,
I'm trying to duplicate an Access form in Excel and have run into a problem
with an Access memo field. I will be uploading the Excel data to Access.
The user can put a great deal of text in the text box in the Excel form, but
when he presses the enter button on the form to put the text into the
spreadsheet I get a runtime error: Application-defined or object-defined
error. I'm using this code to enter the memo field in the spreadsheet:
Range("memEventDesc") = memEventDesc. The excel text field refuses to
receive more than 910 characters with spaces when I click the enter button
to run the above code. I know Excel is supposed to take 32,000 characters
in a cell. I've thought of creating another text box on the form, but this
will complicate uploading to Access later.
Thanks for any help,
Jake

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change this to:

Range("memEventDesc").value = memEventDesc

cheer

--
gearo
gearoi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2657