Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What is the name of this function...

=(some column array) (some row array)

= the intersection of the two arrays.

I need more information on this; I just need the name to search for it.

I have many 4x4 tables from which i need to get one value from, both
vars could be called independent of each other.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe =index()

or natural language formulas (I don't use these)

for =vlookup() and =index(match()), you could look at Debra Dalgleish's site:
and

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no named function as such. The space character works as
the intersection operator. E.g,

=(B1:B10 A4:H4)

will return the intersection of B1:B10 and A4:H4, or cell B4.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"hamma_thrower" wrote in message
oups.com...
=(some column array) (some row array)

= the intersection of the two arrays.

I need more information on this; I just need the name to search
for it.

I have many 4x4 tables from which i need to get one value from,
both
vars could be called independent of each other.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I see that you've already received several suggestions if you are looking
for worksheet functions, so I won't repeat those.

In VBA (since this is the programming forum):

The Intersect (rng1,rng2,...) method "..returns a Range object that
represents the rectangular intersection of two or more ranges.."
The Union method would return the combination of two or more ranges.

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"hamma_thrower" wrote in message
oups.com...
=(some column array) (some row array)

= the intersection of the two arrays.

I need more information on this; I just need the name to search for it.

I have many 4x4 tables from which i need to get one value from, both
vars could be called independent of each other.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks..I was looking for a VBA solution. "Space character" was the
name I was looking for, but intersect works for me.

Thank you