Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need help

Hi,

How can I find in a whole sheet a phone number (number starts with 01......
or 06..... and is 10 number long) ?

Is there any means without pure programming?

thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way: Use conditional formatting
Go to format conditional formatting. Select formula is and enter the
following in the adjoining box:
=and(len(A1)=10,or(left(A1,2)="01",left(A1,2)="06" ))

Select a format which would be easy to detect, like say a red background
color.

Mangesh

"elz64" wrote in message

How can I find in a whole sheet a phone number (number starts with

01......
or 06..... and is 10 number long) ?

Is there any means without pure programming?

thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

go to format conditional format
When the box opens, by default "cell value is" selected in the drop-down.
select the other item which would be "formula is". I don't know what's in
the french version, but maybe you would be better off by changing the
selection, and then entering the formula I gave.

Mangesh