Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date in Combi Box

Good day to all, I am a newbie trying to get a date in the English format
i.e. dd/mmm/yy into a combo box on a userform. My problem is that the
RowSource of the Combo Box is a sheet cell which shows the correct format,
the drop down list shows the correct format, but when it is selected the
Combo Box shows an excel serial number, or depending on format the date in
the American style i.e. mmm/dd/yy. Is it possible to do what I want?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The easiest solution is to load the combobox with code. Instead of loading
it with the value of the cell, load it with the formatted version of the
cell

combobox1.AddItem cell.Text

You would load the combobox this way rather than using rowsource.

You could do it in the initialize or activate events.

Tom Ogilvy