Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Diff. in manual entry and list selection

Hi,

I have a data validation list for a particular cell.

I can either enter data in it manually by typing, or select an item from the
list. I also have a worksheet_Change event macro for this cell. Now when I
select a list item, I get the 1004 error: Application defined or object
defiend error, whereas if I enter data manually no such error. Even after
selecting a list item (and after getting the error), if I do F2 enter, it
works properly.

My question: What is the difference between these two methods (manual entry
vs list selection) such that one of them is triggering an error.

--
- Mangesh
Office 2003 & Windows XP