Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Diff. in manual entry and list selection

Hi,

I have a data validation list for a particular cell.

I can either enter data in it manually by typing, or select an item from the
list. I also have a worksheet_Change event macro for this cell. Now when I
select a list item, I get the 1004 error: Application defined or object
defiend error, whereas if I enter data manually no such error. Even after
selecting a list item (and after getting the error), if I do F2 enter, it
works properly.

My question: What is the difference between these two methods (manual entry
vs list selection) such that one of them is triggering an error.

--
- Mangesh
Office 2003 & Windows XP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is the difference between these two methods

I can't think of anything. Maybe you should post the code.

--
Jim
"Mangesh Yadav" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have a data validation list for a particular cell.
|
| I can either enter data in it manually by typing, or select an item from
the
| list. I also have a worksheet_Change event macro for this cell. Now when I
| select a list item, I get the 1004 error: Application defined or object
| defiend error, whereas if I enter data manually no such error. Even after
| selecting a list item (and after getting the error), if I do F2 enter, it
| works properly.
|
| My question: What is the difference between these two methods (manual
entry
| vs list selection) such that one of them is triggering an error.
|

| --
| - Mangesh
| Office 2003 & Windows XP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response, and sorry for the delay in my reply.

My application is quite big, and the code is quite huge to post. And the
other thing, in isolation the case does not give an error. At the moment I
am considering another approach, which I presume, should not throw the
error. In any case, if it does, I should be coming back here.

Mangesh