Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Solve Order of a CalculatedField in a Pivot Table

Does anyone know how to get the Solve Order of a CalculatedField in a pivot
table.

I know how to get the Solve Order of a CalculatedItem but can't seem to
get the CalculatedField!!!

An example of getting the Solve Order of a CalculatedItem is...
ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFormulas(1).Index

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Gary Brown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Not completely sure here, but i think the 'solve order' only applies to
Items, not Fields.
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

Does anyone know how to get the Solve Order of a CalculatedField in a pivot
table.

I know how to get the Solve Order of a CalculatedItem but can't seem to
get the CalculatedField!!!

An example of getting the Solve Order of a CalculatedItem is...
ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFormulas(1).Index

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Gary Brown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sebastien M,
Thanks for responding.

i think the 'solve order' only applies to Items, not Fields.<<

That would be my thoughts also because I am having such an issue trying to
find the right object.

The reason I believe there is one (although I also can't find a way to
change the order as you can with an Item) is that when (from the Pivot Table
toolbar) you select FormulasList Formulas, a new worksheet showing the Solve
Order of the Calculated Fields is displayed.

I'm trying to figure this out because I've written a Pivot Table
documentation macro. The macro creates a report for each pivot table with
File location, Data Sopurce, CacheIndex #, Pivot Table worksheet Location,
Row fields and order, column fields and order, data fields Page Names,
Calculated Items-Field Name/Formula/Solve Order as well as other information.
I've also included Calculated Field-FieldName/Formula and being the picky
person I am, I WANT to be able to document the Solve Order. I can get by
without it, but it aggrevates me that since Excel can report on it, it MUST
be available somehow!
Oh, well. If that's one of life's biggest problems, I guess I'm in pretty
good shape.
:O
Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".