Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default xla programming

I'm managing/developing an addin, OurFuncs.xla, for our company. This xla
contains lots of UDFs used by many users. To provide a simple helpfunction
for the users I hav done this:

In Sheet1 in the xla I have the UDFs name in A1:A20 and the descriptions of
the UDFs in B1:B20. I have made an userform, Userform1, and placed a
combobox, Combobox1, in this userform. My problem is that I'm having trouble
setting the rowsource for the combobox. Among others I have tried this:
Workbooks("OurFuncs.xla").Worksheets("Sheet1").Ran ge("A1:B20") as the
rowsource, but whatever I try it bombs out with: "Invalid ...... etc". Does
anybody have a solution to this, or has anybody another clever and simple(!)
idea for making such a helpfunction in an xla.

knut

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

combobox1.RowSource = _
Workbooks("OurFuncs.xla").Worksheets("Sheet1").Ran ge("A1:B20").Address(Exter
nal:=True)

or
combobox1.RowSource = "[OurFuncs.xls]Sheet1!A1:B20"

Tom Ogilvy

"DS NTE" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks - will give it a try.

knut
"Tom Ogilvy" skrev i melding

"DS NTE" wrote in message
[...]

Programming help BB Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 5th 05 01:09 AM
Programming Javad Excel Programming 1 January 29th 05 09:16 PM
programming VBA Mark Excel Programming 1 January 18th 05 09:11 AM
Programming to VBE Tom Ogilvy Excel Programming 0 August 30th 04 04:15 PM
Programming lag Ernst Guckel[_3_] Excel Programming 4 June 9th 04 03:40 PM