Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unicode Help

Hi All,

I need a help in wittting a fucntion. I want to write a function t
parse the contents in cells which has both english character set an
korean character set.I need to seperate the english character set and
have to enclose some delmiter between the korean character set.How ca
identfy where the korean character set starts ?

Thanks in advance
Xcelio

--
xcelio
xcelion's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1628

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have any experience with what you describe, but you can select the
cell in question and run this code and it might give you some insight into
what you have: (the output goes to a new sheet).

Sub ExamineActiveCell()
Set Sh = ActiveSheet
Set sh1 = Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) )
Sh.Activate
For i = 1 To Len(ActiveCell)
sh1.Range("A1:L1").Value = _
Array("Char", "Code", _
"Name", "FontStyle", "Size", "Strikethrough", _
"Superscript", "Subscript", "OutlineFont", "Shadow", _
"Underline", "ColorIndex")
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=i, Length:=1)
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 1) = .Text
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 2) = AscW(.Text)
With .Font
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 3) = .Name
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 4) = .FontStyle
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 5) = .Size
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 6) = .Strikethrough
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 7) = .Superscript
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 8) = .Subscript
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 9) = .OutlineFont
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 10) = .Shadow
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 11) = .Underline
sh1.Cells(i + 1, 12) = .ColorIndex
End With
End With
Next
Tom Ogilvy

"xcelion" wrote in
message ...

Hi All,

I need a help in wittting a fucntion. I want to write a function to
parse the contents in cells which has both english character set and
korean character set.I need to seperate the english character set and i
have to enclose some delmiter between the korean character set.How can
identfy where the korean character set starts ?

Thanks in advance
Xcelion

--
xcelion
xcelion's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399376

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom,
Thanks for your reply.I couldn't check the forumn for last few
days.Sorry for the late reply

--
xcelion
xcelion's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16287