Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extract Double from a Textfield Cell

Hi guys!

Could anyone tell me how to extract the coordinates from a plain dat
like this:

- Zorgia [NBK-R] (-89,113) Defending -

and save them into a double A(x,y) (e.g. A(-89,113)).

This is what i think should be the procedu
Find the brackets "(" and ")" and save everything in between into
string (?). Then in the string find "," and everything to the left =
and everything to the right = y.

Thanks in advance,
Fire

--
Fire
Firen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2662

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

(-89,113) ?
Are there any other possible layouts?,
like say
(89,113)
(189,-113)
(-89,-113)
Just curious...
TIA

"Firen" wrote in
message ...

Hi guys!

Could anyone tell me how to extract the coordinates from a plain data
like this:

- Zorgia [NBK-R] (-89,113) Defending -

and save them into a double A(x,y) (e.g. A(-89,113)).

This is what i think should be the procedu
Find the brackets "(" and ")" and save everything in between into a
string (?). Then in the string find "," and everything to the left = x
and everything to the right = y.

Thanks in advance,
Firen

--
Firen
Firen's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

anyone? :S

--
Firen
Firen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26624

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I must be: Object.visible = False
I have a solution, but was waiting on the 1 answer to my Q;
Jim

"Firen" wrote in
message ...

anyone? :S