Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default running a macro on a different operating system

Hi,

I'm new to programming in VBA. I just finished my first real project.
I automated some processes in a sales worksheet for my old employer. I
worked on this macro at home using my Excel 2003 on Windows XP.
However, my employer's systems are still on Windows 2000 and Office
2000. Some parts of the macro work great, but I get some silly errors.
For instance, the command "application.goto := "myrange" is not
recognized as a valid command. However, in another portion of the
macro, this same command works! Is this just version related, or is
there something else I can try? I would appreciate the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the line you included in your post would fail in all versions of
excel--but I bet that it's a typo in the post.

You may want to copy directly from your code and paste into your message--just
to make sure what you post is what you meant.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, I guess I didn't check before copying it.

The line I'm referring to is this:

Application.Goto Reference:="ColonneMoyenne"

Interestingly, in one section of the macro, this reference works well,
but in another, it doesn't at all. I get a 1004 error.

Jez wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to programming in VBA. I just finished my first real project.
I automated some processes in a sales worksheet for my old employer. I
worked on this macro at home using my Excel 2003 on Windows XP.
However, my employer's systems are still on Windows 2000 and Office
2000. Some parts of the macro work great, but I get some silly errors.
For instance, the command "application.goto := "myrange" is not
recognized as a valid command. However, in another portion of the
macro, this same command works! Is this just version related, or is
there something else I can try? I would appreciate the help.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any chance that your code changed the active workbook?
That could cause the error.

Maybe something like this would fix it:

Application.Goto _
reference:=Workbooks("book3.xls").Names("asdfasdf" ).RefersToRange

Or any chance you deleted that range name.