Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I use a macro to save to a specific drive in Excel?

I wrote a macro in excel to facilitate creating monthly reports. I want it
to save to a new folder each month (ie. the current monthly folder), but I am
not sure how to write a changing "save as" formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something along the lines of :

Thisworkbook.SaveAs "C:\RootFolder\" & Format(Date,"yyyymmm") &
"\Basename.xls"

might give you some ideas.
Tom Ogilvy

"Meredith" wrote in message
I wrote a macro in excel to facilitate creating monthly reports. I want

it
to save to a new folder each month (ie. the current monthly folder), but I

am
not sure how to write a changing "save as" formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
formulas return values. they cannot perform actions such save as.
add this to your macro at an appropriate place.

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

regards
FSt1