Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel vb help: How to grab the right Data

I am currently working on porting an 1200 element database stored in
excel to mysql.
I need to be able to move this information into a SQL database asap,
the job will take a long-long time to do it manually, so any help from
you guys would be a big plus.

I need to take the current data, find the right info as i explain below
and output that to a new worksheet where i can modify it to sql simply.

Lets get down to it. The database consists of 10 sheets-1 for each
district, in the following format:
*Column A* contains The 'industry' & the 'apprenticeships' available in
that district. Typically there will be ~120 per district and most
districts have duplicates.
There can be many apprenticeships available under one industry,
(Electronics has 14)
The fact that it is an industry is denoted by the name as a hyperlink,
From looking up on google i found that i can determine if it is an

industry by using 'ActiveCell.Hyperlinks.Count'

Rows B,C,D are empty

Starting from Row E and onwards to W are a list of colleges that
provide that course. If they provide it a 'x' appears under that
particular providers row in-line with the particular
industry/apprenticeship

(Accounting 4.2 is the Industry (denoted by a hyperlink))
(Accounting is the apprenticeship)
| Provider 1 Provider 2 '' Provider 19 |
| ( row a ) | (row e) | (row f) | '' | (row W) |
-----------------| | | | |
| Accounting 4.2 | | x | | |
| Accounting | | x | | |

What i need doing:
( i realise it isn't a simple task)
o Loop through each available Industry and determine what providers it
has
(E.G. start on RowA Column3 for Accounting 4.2 then move 3 cells right
to Row E if that box has a 'x' in it, then Provider1 provides it. keep
moving right one cell and check again for 19 steps.)

Create a list of available providers (E.G. 1,2,3,5,7,11,19)
Output to new workbook/spreadsheet

| Accounting4.2 | 1,2,3,5,7,11,19 |

Looking forward to responses, many thanks in advance