Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drive, Dir and File list boxes?

Hello,
EXCEL 2003 does not seem to have Drive, Directory and File listboxes
like the ones available in VB. Is this true or have I just not found
them, I have looked under 'more controls' but cannot find them. Is
there a workaround or can I add a reference to the ones installed with
VB6 and use them on my EXCEL userforms?

Thanks

--
tokyoprince
tokyoprince's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26530

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel does not have those controls. You can probably use
GetOpenFilename or GetSaveAsFilename instead. See help for more
details.

"tokyoprince"
wrote
in message

Hello,
EXCEL 2003 does not seem to have Drive, Directory and File
listboxes
like the ones available in VB. Is this true or have I just not
found
them, I have looked under 'more controls' but cannot find them.
Is
there a workaround or can I add a reference to the ones
installed with
VB6 and use them on my EXCEL userforms?

Thanks

--
tokyoprince
tokyoprince's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To supplement,

those controls are native to VB (built in controls) and can not be
referenced.

You could build a VB form with these controls and compile it as a DLL, then
call it from Excel I believe.

Tom Ogilvy