Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Click event

Hi all,

I am seeing if anyone can help. I want to run a procedure that inserts a
value in a combo box, but everytime I do this it does to the click event for
this combo box, which I do not want to happen. I have tryed to disable the
click event by using
Application.enableevents = false But this does not work

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I am using excel 2003 and XP

Ashman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to have a variable similar to enable events, unset it before
inserting, and then reset after

mEnableEvents = False
'your insert code here
mEnableEvents = True

and in the combobox click event

If mEnableEvents
' do your click stuf

HTH

RP

"Ashman" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am seeing if anyone can help. I want to run a procedure that inserts a
value in a combo box, but everytime I do this it does to the click event

for
this combo box, which I do not want to happen. I have tryed to disable

the
click event by using
Application.enableevents = false But this does not work

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I am using excel 2003 and XP

Ashman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks Bob. The problem I have now is screen flickering. I have set
screen updating to false.

I have 13 combo boxes and each has a click event, therefore they all run
through the click event. Is there anyway of taking the screen flickering out?

Ashman