Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tool to pick from currently unsaved files?

I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

I really like using the "FileDialog" to display a dialog so users can pick a
saved file.

I need a smart way to do this only I need to include currently open and
unsaved files as well. Is there a way to do this?

I have several programs that run from toolbars and build files from scratch.
The scratch files are not always saved because sometimes the users do not
want to keep the data, they only want to check results. Sometimes files are
saved sometimes not - at user discretion. The users may flip between the
program-created file and something of their own.

I need a way when the user runs a subsequent process from my toolbar to be
able to pick from a list of currently open files - as previously stated
sometimes a saved and sometimes an unsaved file. Rather than building a
userform I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me how to use the
"FileDialog" to get and show that info - or some similar tool.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much in advance for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

quartz,

You'll need to use a userform.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"quartz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bernie. I figured that would be the answer, but sometimes I'm
surprised, so I thought I would post anyway.

Thanks again.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

quartz,

You'll need to use a userform.