Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error Message.

Hi There

THis problem has me completley beaten.

I open spreadsheet on network in Excel 2000 - works perfectly.

I open the same spreadsheet on my computer in the same networ
location.
It comes up with a number of errors then after about going ok 4 times.
The debug end pops up.
All the command buttons have been stripped from the file and the vb
doesn't work.

What could this be?

Please help as this is driving me ma

--
Mikeic
Mikeice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2246

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well Mikeice, that's a pretty vague description (at least for me). I'm
not as experienced as some of the regular posters but here's my advice.

First I'd ask if both computers are using the same version of Excel. If
not, you may have a compatability issue. Not likely though.

Next, access the VBA project under each computer and compare how
options are set. One in particular is the Error Trapping setting.

Set both to the same as the error free computer. If that works, fine.
However, that is still an error in the code that needs to be corrected.
Enter debug mode and fix it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

one more thing...eliminate a network problem by copying the wordbook to
your local PC and running locally. If problem goes away, pass the
problem on to your network folks.