Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application

Hi.
In my application i have a macro that open another application, is it
possible to hide that application and still be able to write to it?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank's for the help again Bob :-)
--
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi.
In my application i have a macro that open another application, is it
possible to hide that application and still be able to write to it?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes its a workbook, its called statistikk

But it didnt work as i hoped!

I get "type mismatch" or "subscript out of range".

i know it is open but it seems that the macro dosnt find it.

Windows(Statistikk).Visible = False

or

Windows("Statistikk").Visible = False

doesnt work
--
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi.
In my application i have a macro that open another application, is it
possible to hide that application and still be able to write to it?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi again Bob.

I forgot to tell you that i tried this one to.

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

The message i get is "Run time error 9" "subscript out of range"
--
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi.
In my application i have a macro that open another application, is it
possible to hide that application and still be able to write to it?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,

That seems to suggest then that you do not have a workbook called
"Statistikk.xls" open in Excel. Is it spelt correctly?

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob.

This is the code:

Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'This is part of the macro in workbook VT

Fileopen = ActiveWorkbook.Path
Fileopenend = Fileopen & "\Arkiv\" & "Statistikk.xls"

Workbooks.Open Fileopenend

**Now the workbook Statistikk is open, but it will not take this

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Michael,

There seems to be a timing issue here, it certainly doesn't work.

Try this instead

Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'This is part of the macro in workbook VT
Dim FileOpen, FileOpenend

FileOpen = ActiveWorkbook.Path
FileOpenend = FileOpen & "\Arkiv\" & "Statistikk.xls"

Workbooks.Open FileOpenend
ActiveWindow.Visible = False

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This also works

Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'This is part of the macro in workbook VT
Dim FileOpen, FileOpenend

FileOpen = ActiveWorkbook.Path
FileOpenend = FileOpen & "\Arkiv\" & "Statistikk.xls"

Workbooks.Open FileOpenend
Application.Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob...

Jihaaa!!!!!

Yes, it works perfect. Thanks a lot!

I really appreciate your help.

Michael
--
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

This also works

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have multiple windows into that workbook, so you see:

statistikk.xls:1
and
statistikk.xls:2
and
statistikk.xls:3
etc

you could have trouble (the window caption has to match exactly).

One way around it:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'This is part of the macro in workbook VT

Dim myWindow As Window
Dim FileOpen As String
Dim FileOpenend As String
Dim wkbk As Workbook

FileOpen = ActiveWorkbook.path
FileOpenend = FileOpen & "\Arkiv\" & "Statistikk.xls"

Set wkbk = Workbooks.Open(FileOpenend)

For Each myWindow In wkbk.Windows
myWindow.Visible = False
Next myWindow

End Sub

Ps. If you want to close any of those windows that end with :1, :2, etc, you
can select that window and then hit ctrl-w (and remember to save the workbook
the way you like it).

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank's Dave.

It is just 1 sheet in the workbook, but it is nice to know this.
--
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I see that you and Bob found an answer--but just because a workbook only has one
sheet, doesn't mean that it only has one window.

Window|new window
is sometimes a nice thing to do on a single sheet.

Then you can see two different portions of the same sheet at the same time.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Almost Michael, when I say workbook name I mean with the extension

Windows("Statistikk.xls").Visible = False

--

HTH

RP

\\