Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing number precision of a trendline equation

I want to change the number precision in the trendline equation in
embeddded chart. How can I do that? I would like higher numbe
precision in a trendline equation

--
Harsh_Sha
Harsh_Shah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2648

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Double click on the formula, and on the Number tab change the format. It is often
suggested to use a Scientific format with 15 decimal digits.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Harsh_Shah wrote:

I want to change the number precision in the trendline equation in a
embeddded chart. How can I do that? I would like higher number
precision in a trendline equation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jon.

I could figure out in excel. But I cannot find a way of changing the
number precision of a trendline equation to Scientific using VBA. It is
crucial for my project.

thanks,

harsh

--
Harsh_Shah
Harsh_Shah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26484

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:48:06 -0500, Harsh_Shah
wrote:

Thanks Jon.

I could figure out in excel. But I cannot find a way of changing the
number precision of a trendline equation to Scientific using VBA. It is
crucial for my project.

thanks,

harsh

A few years ago, Dave Braden posted VBA code to extract the data from a
trendline equation. You should be able to adapt this to your project.

See:

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=db....microsoft.com

If you have a recent version of Excel, 2003+, you may find that the LINEST
function is good enough for your tasks, too.

--ron