Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Associating a sound to a MsgBox ?

I have this msgbox asking yes/no question. How can I associate a sound with
it ?

Answer = MsgBox("Do you want to continue ?", vbYesNo + 256 + vbQuestion,
"ATTENTION")
If Answer = vbNo Then Exit Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Junkyard,

Junkyard Engineer wrote:
I have this msgbox asking yes/no question. How can I associate a
sound with it ?

Answer = MsgBox("Do you want to continue ?", vbYesNo + 256 +
vbQuestion, "ATTENTION")
If Answer = vbNo Then Exit Sub

You could use vbExclamation instead of vbQuestion - that will give the user
a beep. MS uses it in the "Save changes?" dialog in Excel.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Vasant Nanavati wrote:
Or simply insert the Beep command before invoking the MsgBox.

Yeah, but that would be too simple, Vasant. <g

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com