Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Obtaining Info From MS Outlook

I'm a project estimator who prepares schematic design construction estimates
in Excel. I keep a tabbed page called Notes where I record lists of items to
be clarified, subcontractors I've called requesting pricing, etc.

Key contacts such as the architect, the mechanical, structural, and civil
engineers, I keep in Outlook, and I store the project number in their
Category section so that I can fairly quickly lookup any of the phone
numbers. But I'd like to go one step further. Does anyone know how VB could
use the project number from an Excel cell, and retrieve the names and phone
numbers of these consultants automatically?

Thank you.

Sprinks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sprinks

With a name like that, you have to be a fire sprinkler guy. Check out this
page

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olContacts.htm

That should give you the basics of working with contacts. Once you've read
it, come back with any questions and I can help you nail down the details.

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP