Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Please

I知 trying to decide which is best, to create a macro (with some
assistance) or to just create links from cells to a new file. Here痴
what I have. I値l be working with a new file; I値l call 鼎.
I need to link values from certain cells from file 鄭 and file 釘
into file 鼎. File 鄭 contains a months worth of data, each day being
on a separate sheet.
File 釘 contains data for only one day, and is saved as today痴 date
each day.
The new File, 鼎 will incorporate data from each of these files and
will be saved daily also as today痴 date.

In summary, I値l be working with a new file actually called
Dailyproduction/08-16-05.This file will be saved each day using
subsequent dates as it痴 file name.
This file will need info from cells in a file called
FieldProduction/Aug05, sheet16 , and will also need info from some
cells in a file called PlantProduction08-16-05
I知 a novice to macros. I知 wondering if I should simply create a
template with links to each cell from it痴 connected file ,then do a
find/replace to change the links for the next days file, for example,
for the next day痴 file, change the link from FieldProduction/Aug05,
sheet16 to FieldProduction/Aug05, sheet17 , etc.
Seems this would be the long way around but I知 drawing a blank with my
limited knowledge in Macros.
I壇 appreciate the help-Greg

--
singlgl1