Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I Somehow load a Spread Sheet thru a Scanner

Hi,
I am wondering if you guys may be aware of a hardware or a software
product that can provide me the capability to put scanned table data
in
a spread sheet format. For example, I make a Xerox copy of a data table
from a book and now I scan it with a scanner. Now an option for me to
manually enter that data numbers into spread sheet. So, my question to
you is if you may have a software that can actually save me the manual
typing of that data into a spread sheet format. Please let me know; any
help is appreciated. Thanks in advance !!! Please email me at
, if you may have any hints.
Thanks.
Musharaf

--
murashid
murashid's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Must be Xerox's day, because with your scanner, if it is basically
for home use, you would probably have received Text Bridge
software. (by Xerox). The better the printed copy the better the
results -- it is very hard to align up the sheet, so you will have a
lot of corrections to make.
---
HTH,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Murashid,

Try a Google search for OCR software and look, perhaps, at PCWorld.

ScanSoft's OmniPage Professional can convert scanned data into a variety of
Office formats, including Excel readable data. The major downside with
OmniPage is the high cost which effectively places it beyond the reach of
all but commercial users.

Most scanners are packaged with OCR software, but you would need to check
functionality to see if it might be of any use to you.

---
Regards,
Norman

"murashid" wrote in