Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pay Stub Problem help PLEASE

Greetings all,
OK, I posted a few days back with a question about a Pay Stub and
getting it to auto update Year to Date totals, and the answer I got was
great, but I asked the question wrong so therefore the answer did not work.
I have created a web page with the relevant information about the two pages
in the spreadsheets for all to look at as I know that posting attachments is
a no no on the newsgroup.

The information about spreadsheet can be seen here
www.steadmanusa.com/pay.htm

Here is the issue: On the pay stub, I have it where the YTD totals are
retrieved from sheet 2 of the workbook. So when I input this time periods
hours etc... I have to then input the same values in a row in sheet 2 so
that the YTD totals are correct. While I don't mind doing this, I would
appreciate if someone could tell me a way to move the values that I typed in
on the main sheet into the first row of empty cells on sheet two when I say
run a macro or something. Then each pay period I come in, put the new
numbers in, run the macro and it moves the information to sheet2 and the YTD
totals are updated then I can print the pay stub, save the document and go
from there.

On the web page, in the cells that are GREEN and YTD Totals, I show the
formula that I use to get the information.
On the web page, it is as if I am about to finish inputting the information
for 1-15 Aug. I would like to have the information from Page 1 "Stub"
copied on to page two "totals" into the first blank row which as depicted on
web page is row 6. Then at the end of this month, when I put the new
information in, I would like it to copy it to the next row on sheet two
which would then be row 7. I hope with the web page and this explanation I
have made what I am trying to do clearer. I told a buddy I would help him
out and realized that A) this would be better suited for an Access DB (He
doesn't have MS Access) and B)while I know a bit of programming in Excel, I
think I stepped in to the deep end of the pool on this one and am hoping
someone can help pull me out of the water :). And the sooner the better as
I thought this was going to be simpler than it was, I promised him that I
would ahve it to him within the next day or so. I have already told him my
delimma and told him I would work to get him a solution as I know there is
one. THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

--
Wally Steadman
US Army in Iraq