Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Variable Type and Speed in Updateing Status Bar

I have a simple text Status Bar which which shows the results of a search I
am doing through all the cells in a column (1 to 65536). I am using the
Application.StatusBar = Range.Address.

I effectiely show in the status bar what cell I am in while looping (A1, A2,
A3 etc). As you can imagine the status bar updates frequently (every time I
advance to a new cell in the column). I have noticed that the statusbar
updates starts fast at first and then gradually slows down. It then crawls
at a snails pace to reach 65536. I am Dimensioning my variable as a Double.
Why does it start fast and then slow down over time as it approaches 65536.
Can I dimension the variable differently or is this simply the reality of
hava statusbar update that frequently?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What code do you use?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had more or less the same issue, but I blame it on the memory
managament of my code, not on updating the statusbar.

DM Unseen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well that was my next question. I have also noticed that if I run the
routine alot of times it actually gets to the point where it starts off slow
too. That is, the more I run it, the more it seems that something is holding
it back.

What can I do in terms of my systems memory managment?

Thanks