Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DLOOKUP AND VLOOKUP IN VBA

I wanted to search a value in my spreadsheet using VBA.
I tried to use VLOOKUP and DLOOKUP, but I got compile error "sub or
function not defined"

The code is like following code

iStudent = DLOOKUP("[FIRST SEMI]", "NPARAMETER", "[SHEET NAME]" = "STUDENT
NUMBER")

iStudent = VLookup("STUDENT NUMBER", "NPARAMETER", False)

Are there any other way to search a value from spreadsheet and return a
value from other column?

Any infromation is great appreciated,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Souris,

VLookup is an Excel worksheet function.

To use it in VBA try:

iStudent = Application,VLookup(...............)

or

iStudent= Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(............ ...)

Many, but not all, worksheet functions are available to VBA.

See WorksheetFunction in VBA help.

For a list of functiona available to VBA, see:

'List of Worksheet Functions Available to Visual Basic' in VBA help.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Souris" wrote in message
I wanted to search a value in my spreadsheet using VBA.
I tried to use VLOOKUP and DLOOKUP, but I got compile error "sub or
function not defined"

The code is like following code

iStudent = DLOOKUP("[FIRST SEMI]", "NPARAMETER", "[SHEET NAME]" = "STUDENT
NUMBER")

iStudent = VLookup("STUDENT NUMBER", "NPARAMETER", False)

Are there any other way to search a value from spreadsheet and return a
value from other column?

Any infromation is great appreciated,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VB Editor, bring up HELP, then search for the WorksheetFunction Object.

Set myRange = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C10")
answer = Application.WorksheetFunction.Min(myRange)
MsgBox answer

Roy