Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Loop through all files on a floppy drive

I posted the question below in the general threads but thought it might be
better placed here.

I have some equipment that periodicaly records some data to disk.
Unfortunatly each time it records the data it creates a new file and records
a great deal of extranious data. I use sneaker net to transfer the files to
my PC. I can open each file (theyare text), and have written a macro to
extract the data needed and place it in an excel sheet in order. However, I
must open each file change its name to the name used in the macro and run the
macro. This is almost as big a pain as printing each file and copying the
data by hand.

I see that there is a For Each ... Next structure in visual basic, but the
only example of how to use this with files is a bit confusing to me. I
learned to program 15 years ago and never learned visual anything.

In any case can someone show me how to write a loop that performs a task on
every file on a floppy drive? All files would be in the root directory if
that helps.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please see response to previous post.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

ED007 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you try

use getopenfilename (...(*.txt), *.txt) to display all files available
rewrite your macro to take filename so selected
loop next file
--
Regards
PY & Associates