Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hide excel...but not quite...

Hi,

I made a splash screen and it works fine but....this is the action that excel
carries out:

1. excel is started with no sheet (just the outline of excel) (i don't want
this)
2. I get a macro warning (i don't want this !)
3. the splash screen is shown (good, this is what i want)
4. i get an activeX warning (i don't want this)
5. My application is started (as itshould)

My questions:

- how do i get rid of steps 1, 2 and 4 ?

Thanks,
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have code in a workbook there is no safe way to eliminate the
security warnings. If you could so could those with malicious intent.

Create an add-in and load it through Tools | Add-Ins...

See
Microsoft Office XP Developer
Building Application-Specific Add-ins
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/modcore/html/deovrbuildingapplicationspecificaddins.asp

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , says...
Hi,

I made a splash screen and it works fine but....this is the action that excel
carries out:

1. excel is started with no sheet (just the outline of excel) (i don't want
this)
2. I get a macro warning (i don't want this !)
3. the splash screen is shown (good, this is what i want)
4. i get an activeX warning (i don't want this)
5. My application is started (as itshould)

My questions:

- how do i get rid of steps 1, 2 and 4 ?

Thanks,
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks !
You're right someone with malicious intent could then easily use this...

Tushar Mehta wrote:
If you have code in a workbook there is no safe way to eliminate the
security warnings. If you could so could those with malicious intent.

Create an add-in and load it through Tools | Add-Ins...

See
Microsoft Office XP Developer
Building Application-Specific Add-ins
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/modcore/html/deovrbuildingapplicationspecificaddins.asp

Hi,

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
Thanks,
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure of the activeX warning, but macro warnings can be
cirumvented by signing your addin with an officially issued electronic
certificate.

DM Unseen