Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Curing #DIV/0!????

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to cure the div/o fault on my spread sheet when
no value is found......just to tidy things up?

Thanks,

Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=if(denom=0,"Zero Denominator",numer/denom)

Where denom is the range of the denominator and numer is the range of the
numerator
--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to cure the div/o fault on my spread sheet when
no value is found......just to tidy things up?

Thanks,

Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396012

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Simon,
Either test for the 0 value first [=IF(Whatever=0,,,,,]
or test the result for the error [=IF(ISERROR(Whatever),,,,

NickHK

"Simon Lloyd"
wrote in message

Can anyone tell me how to cure the div/o fault on my spread sheet when
no value is found......just to tidy things up?

Thanks,

Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396012

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your replies, Rowan's reply seemed the most straight forward
(i'm on nights and brain isnt working too well!) the only problem i
have now is that if i use that formula all my percentages now show as a
decimal i.e 3% is now 0.0314.

Is there a tweak for this?

Thanks again,

Simon.

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396012

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is simply to pretty up the look rather than to remove the fault try
a conditional format
formula is =ISERROR(A1) and set the format so the text matches the
background colour.

hth RES
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry to all!

As i said brain isnt working!!! ..........format cells!........it was
no brainer!

Simo

--
Simon Lloy