Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default custom icon buttons

greetings all,
I am trying to create a custom command bar with some self designed
icons. these icons reside in an excel file as pictures(bitmaps). some of
these icons are images to replace MS menu items that have text only on some
are special functions i have designed. but i cannot get the custom icons to
paste. here is my test code.

Sub macTestcomandbar()
Dim MyControl As CommandBarButton

Application.CommandBars.Add(Name:="atest1").Visibl e = True
Application.CommandBars("atest1").Controls.Add Type:=msoControlButton, _
ID:= 752, befo=1 'MS Exit
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 79").CopyPicture 'pic of open door with
arrow
Set MyControl = CommandBars.FindControl(Type:=msoControlButton, ID:=752)
MyControl.PasteFace

End Sub

I have done a search on the PasteFace in this descussion group and in excel
help. the pasteface is suppost to do it but it doesn't seem to order on my
pc. Did i miss something. help and/or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
FSt1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you see this thread?

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bf79051 38481

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi mike,
thanks for replying.
no i did not see those threads. but i tried it and that don't seem to work
either.
but thanks anyway. I appreciate your time.

regards
FSt1